Monday, January 04, 2010

Listen for the new year

I am starting my third or fourth year listening to the Daily Audio Bible. It's not too late to start yourself!

If you are unfamiliar with the Daily Audio Bible, you can use it from the computer or from an mp3 player like an iPod or Zune. Every day you will get a new section of the Bible read to you. Every week, they switch translations.

If you have kids, they have a reading for kids which is just New Testament, if you want to listen in another language, last year they started reading in hindi and spanish. This year they added Japanese.

One reason I like listening is that listening makes it harder to skip past those "boring" parts or the parts you think you remember.

Also, the culture the Bible comes from was largely storytelling so it really makes the Bible come alive in many ways.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Listening doesn't work for me. I attribute this to having 5 kids and knowing how to tune anything out so I can be at work (mentally) on my next project. I may try it, though.