I admire the courage of some of our political candidates. Most people avoid public debates even when they know what they're talking about.I love that quote...
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I've been listening to Jeremiah on the Daily Audio Bible for the last couple of weeks. It has been interesting and, as a result, enjoyable. Here is a summary of what I've discovered.
- Lots of talk of judgement.
- God "divorced" Israel because of their unfaithfulness to him (idolatry).
- Both Israel and Judah are referred to as "prostitutes" because of their actions. I found an interesting parallel to the references to the prostitute mentioned in Revelation.
- There appear to be lots of parallels with Judah and the Church.
- The deception by false prophets seem similar to some pastors and their congregations.
- Jeremiah was given the task of wearing linen underwear, then hiding it to let it rot as an illustration to Israel.