Last week I got the craving for Jalapeno Biscuits and found the following recipe here. They were quite good.
We all know those famous seafood chain cheesy biscuits. They're as addicting as they are garlicky. Now I want you to imagine those, with just enough background heat to make you go WHOA! Enjoy these biscuits on their own or with a piping hot bowl of soup.
Yield | 20 biscuits
- 4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons diced jalapenos (jarred or canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, water, jalapenos and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Mix until dough is firm.
- Using a small scoop, place dough on the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and parsley. Brush over baked biscuits immediately upon removing from oven.
- Not a fan of heat? Simply leave out the jalapenos.
- Sub in Pepper-Jack cheese for an added kick.
- Toss in 1/3 cup cooked, chopped bacon for a delectable twist.