I was a little sad as the book ended. Only because it ended, however. Frank finishes the book pointing us back to Christ through telling us about his experiences up to the point of realizing what God's eternal purpose really is. This is going to be on my "to re-read" list.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Part 3 of "From Eternity to Here" describes God's Eternal Purpose as starting a new species. Frank reasons that Adam and Eve were a new species which gave birth to humans. Christ, however, was completely man and completely God, a species not seen until that point in time. As followers of Christ, we also become part of that new species.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Having adopted Kiva at the beginning of the year, I am gaining some appreciation of my position within God's family. Here is why...
- One of the meanings of the word worship is to lick the face of the one you are worshiping... Like a dog. Kiva likes to lick my face... From what I understand from other dog people, this is a sign of subordination.
- He loves to interact with me when I arrive home. In the same way, I should love to interact with God in the same way.
- Kiva watches me intently as I do things to make sure there is nothing he should be doing in response. In a similar way, I should be watching God as he works, looking for the things he wants me to do.
- Kiva is eager to anticipate my needs. In the same way, I should be looking to anticipate Gods desires.
- Kiva corrects himself when his anticipation is wrong. When I act wrongly, I should correct my actions and align myself with his desires.
- Kiva has a desire to live in his masters house.
Saturday, May 09, 2009
It is a weird journey that got me to this post... The short explaination is that one of my favorite shows these days is Discover Channel's "Time Warp". It is a couple of guys with some very fast (and expensive) video cameras doing some high speed video.
Here are some of my favorite clips...
In this clip, an arrow is shot through three water balloons...
And some trick shooting (this one is long)...
I realized how poorly written my last post was... I really need to be more awake when I post. Rather than retract or change the last post, I figured I'd leave it and, instead, provide you with some amusement.
A song I remember growing up with was called "The Typewriter Song" which was composed by Leroy Anderson. A conventional version of the song can be seen here. If you are not familiar with the Typewriter... It predates computers and, for years while doing papers, was the bane of my existence.
Instead, however, I wanted to let you listen to a modern rendition, live, complete with mechanical failure....
Friday, May 08, 2009
The second section of "From Eternity to Here" is about God looking for a place to dwell... a home.
In this section, we get a view of a God who has a throne in Heaven but wants to "dwell" on earth. We see this in the Ark of the Covenant and David's Temple.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
I thought I would post a couple of my favorite pictures that I took in Washington DC...
The picture below was taken on our last night. It is the Jefferson Memorial. It was a foggy night and I was having problems getting the photo I wanted because there was not enough light getting to the camera.
The shot below was taken from Arlington National Cemetary. From there, you look down the national mall, past the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument to the Capitol. I extended the zoom out as far as possible (10x) and took the picture. This is one of those days I had a bigger bulkier camera for better photos... Nah!