Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Message

Although the title is a little pretentious, I have enjoyed reading through "The Message" version of The Bible.

Check out Genesis 1:1-2 for instance...
First this: God created the Heavens and Earth--all you see, all you don't see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. God's Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss.
I find this much more descriptive than the King James Version which reads
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
The "shameful confession", however, is that I failed in my quest to read through The Bible this year. Actually it was closer than it sounds from my prior sentence. I made it all the way to December 26 which left out Revelation.

I'll see if I can't clean up what is left sometime this year.

No comments: