Friday, December 26, 2008

Sacred Echoes...

I recently heard a message given by Margaret Feinberg. Who was speaking about her book "The Sacred Echo" which, it turns out, is it's own sacred echo.

One of the things I have been thinking about in recent months is practicing the presence of God.
  A few weeks later, I ran across the book "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence in my library.  It is a book I need to pull out and practice.

One of the practices is hearing God's voice.  In the Old Testament, the prophets regularly heard God's voice.  We on the other hand, are expected to be guided by the Holy Spirit (also God's voice maybe).

In Mararet's message, she references 1 Kings 19:8-18 which talks about God's voice not being in the loud earthquake and wind but being the thing you have to strain to hear.

Now, here is the echo.

Less than one week later, we are doing our devotional time prior to worship team practice and Russ uses the same passage, talking about the same thing.

Maybe I need to move "The Practice of the Presence of God" up in my reading stack.

A quick note... Margaret is supposed to be speaking at the end of March...  I may need to find a sub for worship band and go... I have enjoyed listening to her.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

OK, weird, but not really...Tredessa and I were just talking about this book 2 days ago and reading it again for more understanding, really learning, again, to recognize and hear...