Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Rockies pulled it out.


I am not a huge baseball fan although I did get to a ballgame this year when we had an afternoon group outing. It was two games before the end of the season and we got to see a win.

In fact, at this point, the Rockies have won 19 of their last 20 games (it may be 20 of the last 21 -- as I said I am not a huge fan). That includes the first two pennant games (on the road), the 3 games to get them there and the one game that got them to the post-season play (they were tied for the wild card spot).

It has also been fun seeing my friends blogging about their success. That includes optional:g, and Rob (he posted here and here) as well as Rob's wife.

What I find interesting is this article titled "Batting for Jesus" that was published today in "The Independant", a newspaper in England. It starts out...
Most sports fans are used to praying for a win but one of baseball's rags-to-riches teams have more reason than most to believe a higher power is answering.
Click here to read the whole article.

No comments: