Thursday, May 10, 2007

World Views

This evening, I received an email from an organization. That mail was deleted but it gave me a new realization.

I have been bothered every time I hear the words "Biblical World View", the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I have taken shots trying to figure out why it bothers me so much but tonight I think I have the issue figured out.

My first attempts of figuring out why it bothered me were along the lines of...
A "Biblical World View" depends on someones interpretation of the Bible. What if their interpretation and mine don't match up?
Tonight, the light bulb went off above my head when I read those words. The thing that is bothering me is that I am on earth to help prepare for God's Kingdom, whatever that means, not "follow the Bible" (it's a side effect). If that is the case, should I not be more concerned with a "God's Kingdom World View"?

No comments: