Monday, February 12, 2007

My sock dream


As I was sorting my socks, I realized I have a dream for my sock drawer. Maybe you could even call it a vision.

That vision is to get enough of "exactly the same" pairs of socks. Why? Because sorting them is difficult and, in the wrong light, can lead to mis-matched pairs.

Let me give you an example. My tastes in socks would look just fine in a 1960 television set. Either black or white. Black goes with pretty much anything, white goes with the rest -- ok, call the fashion police if you will.

The problem I have is that I have a couple of dark blue pairs, many pairs which are not the same size but similar design, some that are the same size but not the same design. Wouldn't it be easier to have 7-10 pairs exactly alike?

3 comments:

optionalg said...

i hate socks

Joel said...

Of course, you could just buy by the dozen - all one color!

Mom

Anonymous said...

John's sock drawer was a vision to shudder at, which led to the great sock extravaganza last Christmas - 24 pair of only 4 types!