Monday, September 11, 2006

Where am I going?

The answer? I don't really know...

The story started several weeks ago when my friend Scott posted this video from Vintage21. Out of curiosity, I dug into their archives and found a series of messages on Revelation. Not your typical peek into what they think the "end times" are about but a look at the 7 churches mentioned and how the admonitions applied to me.

Next, I read the willzhead post on Gregory A. Boyd, purchased both his book and the book by Randall Balmer (see this and this for more...). As a result, I started listening to podcasts from Gregory Boyd's church, Woodland Hills.

Yesterday, my church started a series on Revelation as well with a similar theme as Vintage 21. I am looking forward to where that is going.

This morning, while getting ready for work, I am thinking about taking risks and my friends who help at the Denver Rescue Mission monthly. I got home and heard LifeChurch's weekly podcast on being a disciple which states that a disciple of Jesus will...
  1. Has compassion for those that are helpless
  2. Befriended the sinners.
  3. Offends the religious people while doing the above.
So, where am I going with this.... Honestly, I haven't a clue.

No comments: