Thursday, December 29, 2005

Coverville - Just gotta' hype it!


One of my favorite podcasts to listen to is Coverville. Editions #159-162 are the end of the year countdown.

Part 2 happens to have 3 of what I would call my favorites that I have heard since listening. Two are the same title but different artists.

Comfortably Numb: Originally done by Pink Floyd, there are two versions. The first is by Copper Box, a sort of "Folk/Bluegrass" band. The second is by the Scissor Sisters and sounds more like the Bee Gees met Pink Floyd. I think the reason I like these are they are really quirky!

What a Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong did this one first but this version is done by Joey Ramone. It was actually in the movie "Freaky Friday". This one just rocks.

You can download podcast #160 (yes, for free -- and it is legal!) and listen to it at the Coverville website. You will want broadband or be willing to wait quite a while for it. My opinion, it's worth the wait!

No comments: