Saturday, May 13, 2006

What to wear today?

I am not, by any means, fashion conscious. I don't know why this popped into my head but I was wondering what I, as someone trying to follow Jesus, should be wearing. A trip to BibleGateway yielded this list (no particular order). I do not believe it is exhaustive.
  • Righteousness (Job 29:14).
  • God's Strength (Isaiah 52:1)
  • Praise (Isaiah 61:3)
  • Christ's life (Galatians 3:27)
  • Incorruption (1 Corinthians 15:54)
  • "The New Man" - us renewed (Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:10)
  • The Armor of God (Ephesians 6:11)
  • Love (Colossians 3:14)
Interesting list.

2 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Good post, Joel. God outlines such a great wardrobe for us no matter what the weather is! We can wear his clothing and be prepared for whatever comes our way....good perspective!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»