This world is God-breathed. It is a wild, perilous, vivid, and unpredictable place. You cannot put it into a paternalistic, legalistic box and hope to see His face. Where can we experience God if we refuse to experience anything?As a parent, I want to keep my son from experiencing pain and injury. On the other hand, those are things that make us stronger.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
- Seasons 52 - A restaurant that specializes in dishes prepared with foods that are in season in that particular week.
- Finding a Whole Foods market.
- The airboat trip, seeing alligators (from a safe distance).
- The trip Joel & Kyle took to Cocoa Beach.
- Creating a "custom" R/C car at "Ride Makerz" (sort of like build-a-bear for cars).
- Relaxing with little to no schedule
Saturday, February 05, 2011
The other day a friend sent me the following quote because it brought me to mind. I really like the quote so I thought I put it here.
... An answer is a place where we can fall asleep as life moves past us to its next question....Perhaps the secret of living well is not in having all the answers but in pursuing unanswerable questions in good company.- Rachel Naomi Remen
I am old enough to know that I have lots of questions (and am willing to ask others to travel with me on pursuing the answers).
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. - 1 John 4:7-8 (The Message)