- One of the meanings of the word worship is to lick the face of the one you are worshiping... Like a dog. Kiva likes to lick my face... From what I understand from other dog people, this is a sign of subordination.
- He loves to interact with me when I arrive home. In the same way, I should love to interact with God in the same way.
- Kiva watches me intently as I do things to make sure there is nothing he should be doing in response. In a similar way, I should be watching God as he works, looking for the things he wants me to do.
- Kiva is eager to anticipate my needs. In the same way, I should be looking to anticipate Gods desires.
- Kiva corrects himself when his anticipation is wrong. When I act wrongly, I should correct my actions and align myself with his desires.
- Kiva has a desire to live in his masters house.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
What my dog teaches me about God...
Having adopted Kiva at the beginning of the year, I am gaining some appreciation of my position within God's family. Here is why...