Some thoughts about the differences in "Worship Arts" between sound and playing.
- On the whole, running sound is more stressful. You are always on, even between services.
- While on, playing can be more stressful. We are to memorize our music.
- There is a larger time commitment while playing.
- You need to remember more while playing.
- Musicians make some of the best sound people. They should already have an "ear" for what is going on. The technical end can be a little stressful for some however.