Sunday, January 15, 2006

The privileges and blessings of playing bass

Dave VillanoEvery weekend that I get called upon to play my bass for the worship services at Northern Hills is a privilege. This is actually true at many levels. From the fact that I love playing with the people that I create music with to my belief that man's purpose on this earth is to Worship God (see Question 1 of the Westminster Larger Catechism).

This weekend is also quite a blessing. Wednesday, at practice, I met a guest musician. Dave Villano is amazing. He started playing guitar as a kid but also plays an electric violin, electric baratone violin and Irish flute. I have enjoyed the styling that he adds to songs that I have played along with many times.

I put links to Dave's website where you can listen to his music (and buy if you like it) as well as his violins.

No comments: